Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Quick Answer to Prayer

I already understand that God answers prayer. It's happend so often in my life and the lives of those I've known, it would be impossible to ignore. But sometimes there's such a quick response that it reminds us how amazing that really is.

The past few days I've been looking at tuxes to either rent or buy for the wedding. As I was thinking about that this morning, along with other wedding, honeymoon, and moving expenses, I prayed for help with my budgeting and an increase in funds. My boss just offered, on behalf of another department, a chance to work an additional eight (8) hours Saturday for the next four weeks. Not only is that extra work I didn't have before, but it's all overtime pay, too.

Not only is this a great reminder that God answers prayer, but also of God's sovereignty and goodness. The other department's desire to bring in additional help for the weekend did not just start today. God set into motion events and hearts to answer my prayer before I even prayed it. He knows our desires even before we do. And He brings about what needs to be brought about when it needs to be brought.

No comments: